Free open Job in Australasia Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Design Innovation at The University of Sydney
Reference no. 1760/0918C
- Opportunities for candidates with experience in practice or research
- Continuing or Fixed-Term, Full-Time or Part-Time, Camperdown location
- Academic – Level B/C, Base Salary: $104,155 p.a. – $147,115 p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer with a record of teaching design thinking/design innovation and/or facilitating design thinking/design innovation within an industry setting, and with a strong background in design management, product design and/or strategic design. The School offers several Design programs including the newly launched Master of Design (with specialisations in Design Innovation, and Strategic Design). We expect the successful candidate to primarily teach into this new postgraduate program. Having established industry and design community networks will be viewed favourably.
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in the foundation of the new Master of Design. They will offer both input and direction of curriculum as well as working on promotion (local and international) of the program to industry and prospective students. The successful applicant will also become a member of the Design Lab, and have the opportunity to develop their design innovation work in a highly collegiate environment of peers.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Design Innovation with:
- a record of successful design innovation in industry/commerce, or in research
- success in managing and leading design innovation projects
- demonstrated track record of successful lecturing, tutoring or facilitating in design thinking, design management, product design, design innovation and strategic design.
- a PhD in a relevant field and/or extensive industry experience in design, design innovation or other related fields
- capacity to undertake curriculum design and implementation
- demonstrated ability to develop, coordinate and evaluate teaching and learning
- a record of successful design innovation in industry/commerce, or research/design outcomes in high impact, international, peer-reviewed research outputs
- ability to articulate the application of your practice/research to real-world problems and opportunities
- demonstrated success in managing and leading design innovation projects
- experience working in a multidisciplinary work environment to deliver high level products, designs or outcomes
- an established industry profile both locally and internationally
- excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- success in obtaining competitive grant funding and/or industry funding
- capacity to attract high-quality PhD candidates and to successfully supervise them through to timely completions, and/or the ability to recruit high performing students into the Master of Design program
- demonstrated experience in leading teams
The successful candidate will be expected to build industry collaborations within the School, the University, government bodies, and beyond, and to apply industry challenges and problems into a classroom setting for students to tackle.
This is a shortened version of the advert. For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1760/0918C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 14 October 2018 (Sydney Time)