Free open Job in Australasia Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Data Analytics in Logistics & GIS at The University of Sydney
- Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in data analytics
- Academic Level B or C, Annual Remuneration Package: from $123K to $173K p.a. including basic salary, leave loading and 17% Superannuation. An additional salary supplement can may be negotiable.
About the opportunity
In this exciting position you will be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in data analytics in the context of behavioural logistics and supply chains. The strong focus is on Geographical Information Systems and associated modelling in education and research.
You will have a key role in delivering graduate courses in applied GIS and spatial data analytics where the applications have relevance to a logistics and supply chain setting. You may also be involved in supporting courses in the management programs in the Business School.
The Institute of Transport and Logistics Studies (ITLS) in the University of Sydney is Australia’s Key Centre of Excellence in Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain Research and Education and a recognised University Centre, ranked at ERA 5. ITLS undertakes graduate teaching, management development programs, grant and contract research and development in the fields of transport, infrastructure, logistics and supply chain management. ITLS teaches courses into the Masters of Commerce as well as specialist degrees in Transport and Logistics and Supply Chain Management. The institute also provides MPhil and Ph.D. research degrees in Transport, Infrastructure, Logistics and Supply Chain Management. The Institute specialises in a number of research areas, in particular, in data collection (e.g., surveys and GPS, big spatial data), public transport, discrete choice modelling methods, transport and logistics planning models and behavioural (discrete choice) supply chain systems.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. The successful applicants for both positions will have:
- a PhD in a relevant discipline.
- a track record of high quality, innovative, research-led teaching performance and curriculum development (especially at postgraduate level), in the broad areas of quantitative methods applicable to spatial systems.
- demonstrated quality research outcomes in one or more areas of quantitative expertise centred on quantitative logistics, GIS and big data analytics (that can include any number of statistical approaches for discrete or continuous variables used to extract and analyse large data sets including model estimation) that has present or future relevance in the logistics and supply chain context, especially the growing field of spatial choice behaviour in supply chains.
- experience supervising higher degree by research students.
- evidence of successful collaborations with team members and colleagues.
There are additional criteria for appointment at Senior Lecturer level and desirable criteria for appointment.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1537/0818C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 5 September 2018 (Sydney time)
For enquiries regarding the recruitment process please contact Mohammed Abu Naser on +61 2 8627 1215 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.