Free open Job in Australasia Lecturer/Senior Lecturer at University of New South Wales
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities.
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion.
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best.
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region, and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff, and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework, and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons, and other business leaders.
The School of Risk and Actuarial Studies is a specialised school within the UNSW Business School, offering undergraduate, Master’s, and PhD programs in Actuarial Studies. The School is highly ranked in both research and teaching and attracts the best students in Australia and from overseas.
UNSW is situated in a unique location 6 kilometres from the CBD and only 15 minutes from Sydney’s famous beaches. Relocation arrangements will be provided as required for a seamless transition to Sydney.
About the role
- Lecturer $101,524 – $119,683 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading.
- Senior Lecturer $123,310 – $141,471 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading.
- 5 Year Convertible Tenure Track, Full-time.
- Salary Supplementation in addition to Salary.
The School of Risk & Actuarial Studies is looking for exceptional risk and actuarial scholars who will deliver outstanding teaching and student experience into undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. The incumbent is expected to pursue high quality research, publish in respected international academic journals, and be actively engaged within the School, community, and industry.
The opportunity will be ideal for an academic with expertise in actuarial studies.
While this position indicates a 5 year appointment, it may convert to a continuous role.
About the successful applicant
Successful applicants will be expected to teach in undergraduate and postgraduate risk and actuarial programs, develop an independent research program that achieves international recognition, and supervise honours and postgraduate research students.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a PhD in the relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrate an ability for teaching and curriculum development at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Demonstrate outstanding research capability, with the ability to obtain research funding and participate in collaborative research and educational projects.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Head of School, Associate Professor Bernard Wong
Applications close: 22 January 2018.
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.business.unsw.edu.au/about/schools/risk-actuarial.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.