Free open Job in Australasia Associate Professor / Professor – School of Law at Queensland University Of Technology
Queensland University Of Technology
to £127,820.54 converted salary*
inclusive of salary, 17.5% recreation leave loading and 17% superannuation.
|Placed on:||28th February 2017|
|Closes:||29th March 2017|
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a ‘real world’ focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. Further information about QUT can be obtained from the website at www.qut.edu.au.
About the School of Law
The QUT School of Law will celebrate its 30th anniversary in 2017. Now, we’re home to more than 3,000 high-achieving students. Our real-world learning approach offers our students experiences such as work placements to develop professional skills, flexible study options, scholarship and prizes, a dedicated Law Library and international opportunities for placements and mooting. The LLB(Hons) degree focusses on developing well-rounded research problem solving and critical thinking skills.
About the Position
The position will provide leadership in building a vibrant research culture and will contribute to research capacity building within the school. The successful applicant will also provide leadership in building productive collective relationships internally and externally and will contribute to developing the School’s international reputation and maximising international research engagement. It is expected that the successful application will have a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research supervision.
Applicants with expertise in Commercial Law; Public International Law; and Technology and Innovation Law (with a focus on Intellectual Property Law) are welcome.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide excellence and leadership in the teaching and research efforts of the discipline of Law.
- Manage all aspects of research including project leadership, management of research teams, and mentoring of early career researchers.
- Make a distinguished personal contribution to teaching and learning, and provide leadership in curriculum development.
- Play a major role in scholarship, professional activities and service.
- Strengthen partnering relationships with industry and the community.
- Implementing and administering University policy within the Faculty with respect to equitable access to education and workplace health and safety.
The successful candidate may be appointed at Associate Professor, Level D or Professor Level E depending on their level of attainment against the position classification standards outlined in the QUT Enterprise Agreement (Academic Staff). The position classification standards provide the basis to differentiate between the various levels of appointment and define the broad relationships between classifications.
The University reserves the right to appoint at either classification level.
- Record of outstanding leadership of research, including extensive experience obtaining external grants and publishing in top tier journals.
- Completion of a doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline area.
- Proven record of excellence and leadership in scholarly and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Proven leadership that drives high performance and collaborative culture, including the ability to successfully mentor staff and students.
- Demonstrated success at establishing and maintaining collaborations that extend best practice, implement leading solutions, and realise new opportunities.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply, please visit www.qut.edu.au/jobs for reference number 17047.
Applications close 29 March 2017.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed