Free open Job in Australasia Associate Dean, Education at The University of Sydney
Reference no: 1721/0817
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney Business School is one of the Asia Pacific region’s premier centres for engaged and innovative business education and research. The Business School has strong alliances with industry, government and the not for profit sector and a highly international outlook, with a broad global network and accreditation by major international organisations.
The Associate Dean (Education) is a member of the Business School leadership team and has responsibility for the Education portfolio and for achieving its strategic and operational objectives. Specifically, you will advise the Dean or Deputy Deans / Head of School on strategic education initiatives, promote education excellence and lead the school’s work in the area of educational standards.
In this position, you will contribute to planning, setting and communicating the academic and operational vision, strategies and goals of the Business School with particular reference to the Education portfolio. This position is also responsible for collaborating and building positive working relationships with other Associate Deans who hold the Education portfolio across the University and also with the other Associate Deans within the Business School. This position contributes to the ongoing strategic development of University wide initiatives for the Education portfolio and is responsible for communication and implementation of these initiatives.
In this position, you will:
- contribute to the development and implementation of the overarching integrated strategy for the school
- provides academic leadership for the school
- contribute to the effective strategic financial management and oversight across the school
- contribute to the alignment and implementation of business planning, operating activity and strategic projects and services as part of the leadership team
- contribute to the effective leadership and management guidance and support to staff across the school as part of the leadership team
- contribute to external and community engagement as part of the leadership team
- manage key internal and external stakeholders and relevant communications
- manage risk and workplace health and safety for the school and its related entities.
The appointment is full-time, fixed-term for five years, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees to the University.
For more information on the position, including the selection criteria, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 12 October 2017 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney